Fastener Training Week - Los AngelesPrice $3,800.00
- More Details
Fastener Training Week (CFS) – Los Angeles, CA
November 29 @ 10:00 am - December 3 @ 1:00 pm$3800.00
The Fastener Training Institute® and the Industrial Fasteners Institute (IFI) continue their partnership to present Fastener Training Week – Los Angeles, the week-long training program for fastener distributors and manufacturers on manufacturing processes, consensus standards, quality control and much more.
Hosted by the Pacific-West Fastener Association
The late Joe Greenslade, IFI Director of Engineering Technology, has been instrumental in developing this program and providing content. As Joe says, “Almost everyone in the fastener industry from one month to thirty years of experience in any capacity related to sales, engineering, or quality can learn and benefit from this program.”
“There is no better investment a manager can make in their business than providing good training to their staff.”
Click here to see an overview of the Fastener Training Week course content.
The difference between you and your competition is employee skill, knowledge and productivity. Your return on investment will be:
- Added value to your company and your customers
- Increased efficiencies in processes, resulting in financial gain and sustainability
- Increased innovation in strategies and products
- Enhanced company image
- Risk management
Fastener Training Week – Los Angeles is an intensive version of the acclaimed FTI Certified Fastener Specialist™ advanced technical training program. Instead of seven separate one-day classes, Fastener Training Week will consist of five intensive days of education and plant tours. The curriculum includes:
- Thread specifications
- Material specifications
- Process specifications
- Dimensional specifications
- Quality systems and specifications
- Lot traceability
- Test reports
- Print reading and tolerances
- Thread gaging and dimensional inspection
- Torque tension
PLEASE NOTE: for this training each participating company is REQUIRED to bring a copy of either the 9th or 10th edition of the IFI Inch Fastener Standards book. 10th edition books can be ordered through FTI, but must be done 2 weeks prior to class. Click here to download form. If your company has a subscription to the online version, laptops are welcome but we do not always have internet, so a hotspot might be needed to access the information.
Fastener Training Week will feature learning labs, interactive exercises and quizzes to reinforce learning taught by leading industry experts Salim Brahimi (IFI Director of Engineering Technology), Laurence Claus (NNi Training and Consulting) and John Medcalf (Peak Innovations Engineering). Your week of training also includes plant tours of manufacturing, secondary processes and testing facilities.
Skidmore-Wilhelm will provide torque tension test equipment.
Upon completion of this training and passing a final exam, attendees will be eligible to receive the Certified Fastener Specialist™ (CFS) designation.
Given the advanced technical nature of this program, it is highly recommended that participants have at least two years’ experience in fastener sales, purchasing, manufacturing or quality assurance.
The registration fee includes:
- Five consecutive days of training: 3 full days and 2 half days. Monday instruction will begin at 10:00 a.m.; Friday instruction will end at 12:30 p.m. Please make sure your travel arrangements will not cause you to arrive late on Monday or depart early on Friday.
- Training materials to take back to the job
- Continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- Transportation for all plant tours
- Certificate of completion
- Eligibility for the Certified Fastener Specialist™ designation
Classroom instruction will be conducted at Holiday Inn La Mirada 14299 Firestone Blvd, La Mirada, CA 90638 Phone: (714) 739-8500
- Seminar attendees are responsible for their own hotel reservations. Please contact the Holiday Inn La Mirada 14299 Firestone Blvd, La Mirada, CA 90638 Phone: (714) 739-8500
Please note that a special room rate of $118.50 is available, please make reservations through the link provided.
Pricing Information: Registration fees are per person for five days of training.
- Partner Association Prices: First person per company $3300, additional attendees from the same company $3300. (Pac-West, NFDA, IFI, MWFA, NCFA)
- Non-Association Prices : First person per company $3,300, additional attendees from the same company $3300.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than November 8 and are subject to a $350 processing fee.
All no-shows will be invoiced for full registration fees.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors, cancel or reschedule any Webinar/Live class due to unforeseen reasons such as insufficient registrations or circumstances beyond its control. We will attempt to notify registrants about the cancellation of an event, 24 hours prior to the start time of the Webinar and 7 days for a live class.
Our responsibility is limited to transfer to the next event or refund of funds paid. We assume no responsibility for travel expenses, or any other costs associated with students’ registration.
To be invoiced for this event please call the FTI office at 562-473-5373.