Understanding Fastener Strength and Hardness - Training Video$225.00 $79.95 On Sale!You Save
- More Details
Understanding Fastener Strength and Hardness
90 Minute Training Video #022318-V
When it comes to selecting and understanding fastener materials one of the primary considerations is strength.
And strength is directly related to hardness.
In this webinar we will explore the relationship between strength and hardness in fastener materials.
We will look at how the various fastener specifications, both Inch and Metric, classify fasteners according to strength and hardness.
You will learn
• The various types of strength fasteners are rated for
• How they are tested for these strength parameters
• How specifications, and standards define the strength of fasteners, what is required in terms of testing, and what is not
• What are the most important ASTM, ASME, SAE and ISO fastener standards you should be familiar with
• How to properly define fastener strength requirements on drawings for special fasteners
• How manufacturing methods affect the strength of fasteners
• What exactly is hardness and why is it so important to understanding strength
• What are the various hardness testing methods and scales used in fastener specifications and testing
• How engineers select fastener materials – stronger is not always better
• What are the dimensional features of a fastener that affect its strength
• An introduction to fastener failure analysis
• What gets us (suppliers) in trouble when we or our customers do not understand fastener strength as it relates to applications and specifications
This is a highly technical presentation, but is appropriate for all levels of experience and every position in the fastener industry.
When you register for this webinar you will receive a PDF Glossary of Terms.
In order to make best use of time in this webinar we will not cover all of the terms in detail, but will discuss it from an applications and testing perspective.
Click Here for the list of terms we will cover. Have the list handy during the webinar for your reference as well as a copy of IFI Inch book on Fasteners, 9th edition.
This is a technical presentation, but very appropriate for all levels of experience in the fastener industry.
2-week rental – $225 (up to 25 views per video)
One-time view – $125
Includes reference materials and quizzes
- • Founder of Carver Consulting, a San Diego-based consulting, engineering and training company specializing in fasteners and bolted joints.
- • Experience in fastener quality assurance, manufacturing, sales, and inventory management programs.
- • Developed and teaches a series of advanced fastener training courses for the Fastener Training Institute®.
- • Holds a BS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology from National University, San Diego, CA.