Understanding the Bolted Joint Costa MesaPrice $549.00
- More Details
Understanding The Bolted Joint (CFS Class)- Costa Mesa, CA
September 22 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Did you know that even Grade 8 bolts stretch when they are tightened, acting like heavy duty springs, and that is why they keep assemblies together?
Did you know that tension in bolts and screws is more critical than the applied torque in making a joint secure?
Do you know what a Skidmore Tester is and what information it provides about fastening that is different from that provided by a torque wrench?
In Understanding the Bolted Joint you’ll learn the answers to these questions and much more.
Participants will learn first-hand:
- How to calculate general torque recommendations
- How to access an amazing automated resource for determining complete technical information on bolted joints
- How to determine optimum tightening torque values for specific applications
This class is a required course in FTI’s Certified Fastener Specialist™ program.
In Understanding the Bolted Joint these activities will be demonstrated and then participants will have the opportunity for hands-on work. Skidmore-Wilhelm will provide torque tension test equipment.
Your registration fee includes:
- A full day of instruction
- Course materials and handouts
- Continental breakfast, snacks and refreshments
- A certificate of completion and eligibility for the Certified Fastener Specialist™ designation.
Certified Fastener Specialist™ graduates: need a refresher? Subject to availability, you’ll receive a 50% discount on the registration fee for this or any single day CFS class. Contact FTI for details.
Given the advanced technical nature of this program, it is highly recommended that participants:
- Have at least two years’ experience in fastener sales, purchasing, manufacturing or quality assurance
- Have completed FTI’s three-part Product Training Program.
Training materials will be provided, however each participate must bring a calculator.
Time: 8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn La Mirada, CA 14299 Firestone Blvd La Mirada, CA 90638
Laurence Claus (NNi Training and Consulting).
Pricing Information: Registration fees are per person.
- General Rate: $549.00
- Association Rate: $449.00 (Pac-West, NFDA, IFI, MWFA. SFA)
- Rates increase by $100 after March 10
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than March 17 and are subject to a $100 processing fee.
All no-shows will be invoiced for full registration fees.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.
To be invoiced for this event please call the FTI office at 562-473-5373.