Webinar: Grade 2, 5 and 8 Bolts and Nuts$225.00 $125.00 On Sale!You Save
- More Details
Grade 2, 5 and 8 Bolts and Nuts - Webinar
GRADE 2, 5 AND 8 - YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!
SAE J429 and SAE J995 are two of the most important inch fastener standards in our industry.
These are two standards that you should have a deep and abiding knowledge of.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Some important recent history regarding these standards
- How to read the tables like an engineer
- What engineers who use these fasteners need to know
- What manufacturers who make these fasteners must know
- What suppliers and importers of these fasteners must know
- What are the limitations on use for these standards
- What Testing Laboratories find out when they test these fasteners
Studying these standards also presents a great opportunity to cover these topics as well:
- Steel alloys as used in fastener manufacturing
- What is Boron Steel and why is it so important
- Testing requirements for bolts and nuts - tensile and proof load testing
- Understanding decarburization and the testing required
- Different hardness testing scales - when to use what scale
- Heat treatment of carbon steel and alloy steel
- Reading your fastener manufacturer’s test reports
- Proper fastener grade marking
- What are the comparable industry standards
- When can you substitute these for other specifications and vice-versa
This is narrow topic and it gives us a chance to go deep into the standards -
You will know as much as you will ever need to know about Grades 2, 5 and 8 after this webinar!
This is a technical presentation, but it is appropriate for all positions and levels of experience in the fastener industry.