Webinar: Fasteners in Gasketed Joints$225.00 $125.00 On Sale!You Save
- More Details
Fasteners for Gasketed Joints – Webinar
February 21 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Fasteners for Gasketed Joints – Things to Consider
This webinar will help solve and prevent one of the most costly bolting errors ever. Leaks and joint failures in pipes, valves and tanks cost millions in lost product, pollution, clean-up costs, down time, repairs, fires, explosions, and even injury and death. There is a lot of risk involved with gasketed joints. The proper selection and installation of the fasteners is essential to controlling that risk.
Gasketed joints are used in water infrastructure, refineries, food processing plants, all kinds of engines, aerospace, chemical and pharmaceutical operations and the oil and gas industry. These joints seal in every imaginable kind of liquid and gas – water, steam, air, acids, sewage, alcohol, foods, fuels, reactor coolants, crude oil, natural gas, cryogenic fluids, and even beer and wine!
You only get one chance to get a gasketed joint right and it takes training and proper bolting to ensure the job is done right the first time. While most bolting suppliers may not be gasket suppliers or experts in gasketed joints, they can certainly bring value by having the necessary technical resources available to their customers.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- ASTM Standards for High Pressure Bolting
- ASME Fastener Standards for Bolting
- ASME Bolting Qualification Program
- Safety Critical Fastener Quality Assurance
- Types and Sizes of Flanges
- Gasket Material Selection
- Proper Bolting for the Joint
- Studs vs Bolts
- Tightening Procedures and Strategies
- Leak Troubleshooting and Common Mistakes
- Coatings for Fasteners used in Gasketed Joints
- Gasket Compression Load Calculations (have a calculator handy)
This is a technical webinar but is appropriate for all positions and levels of experience in the fastener industry.
It is appropriate for bolting suppliers to invite their infrastructure clients to view this webinar. There is some math – so have a calculator handy – it is very simple.
This webinar is essential for suppliers and users of bolts in gasketed joints who wish to control the tremendous risk associated with this bolting application.
Friday, February 21 , 2020
11:00AM – 12:30 PM (pacific)
Instructor: Carmen Vertullo
- Single Participant: $125.00
- Multiple attendees: $225.00 Registrants for multiple attendees will receive a video/audio replay of the webinar accessible for 1 week.
- Please contact Jo Morris for details on discounts and subscription package JoM@FastenerTraining.com or 562.473.5373 x 104.
- Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than September 12, 2019.
- Cancellations must be made with Jo Morris.
- Cancelling registration with GoToWebinar does not cancel class registration. Thank you.
- The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.