Fastener Quality Assurance & Print Reading Chicago, ILPrice $549.00
- More Details
Fastener Quality Assurance & Print Reading (CFS Class) – Chicago, IL
June 8 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fastener Quality Assurance – Print Reading & Inspection includes classroom instruction along with hands-on work using actual lab equipment. This class is a required course in FTI’s Certified Fastener Specialist™ program.
Topics for Fastener Quality Assurance – Print Reading & Inspection include:
- Quality programs and systems including: ISO 9000 Quality System requirements, QS 9000 and AS 9100 as they relate to ISO 9000 and ISO 17025 and ISO 17025 Laboratory Accreditation requirements.
- Sampling plans
- Instrument and gage calibration including: Gage R&R, and traceability.
- Thread inspection including: Variable and fixed limit gaging, gage set-up and use, go/no-go, segments, rolls, etc.
- Inspection of recesses and drives including: Cross recess, hex recess, 6 Lobe, etc.
- Dimensional inspection including: Use of calipers, micrometers, pin gages, height gage, comparator and special gages.
- Using prints and specifications for inspection.
- Certifications and test report review.
PLEASE NOTE: for this training each participating company is REQUIRED to bring a copy of either the 9th or 10th edition of the IFI Inch Fastener Standards book. 10th edition books can be ordered through FTI, but must be done 2 weeks prior to class. Click here to download form. If your company has a subscription to the online version, laptops are welcome but we do not always have internet, so a hotspot might be needed to access the information.
Also, attendees are REQUIRED to bring their own digital calipers in order to participate in the hands-on demonstrations. Most companies have calipers in their receiving or QA departments.
Click here to see an overview of the course content.
This seminar includes hands-on demonstrations with equipment provided by Greenslade & Company.
Certified Fastener Specialist™ graduates: need a refresher? Subject to availability, you’ll receive a 50% discount on the registration fee for this or any single day CFS class. Contact FTI for details.
Your registration fee includes:
- A full day of training in a small-group environment.
- Training materials to take back to the job.
- Continental breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and free parking.
- A certificate of completion
and eligibility for the Certified Fastener Specialist™ designation.
Requirements: Given the advanced technical nature of this program, it is highly recommended that participants:
- Have at least two years’ experience in fastener sales, purchasing, manufacturing or quality assurance
- Have completed FTI’s three-part Product Training Program.
Time: 8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Semblex – 900 Church Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Parking is free.
Laurence Claus (NNi Training and Consulting) and Larry Borowski (Greenslade & Company).
Pricing Information: Registration fees are per person.
- Partner Associations: $449 (Pac-West, NFDA, IFI, MWFA, SFA)
- General Rate: $549
- Rates increase by $100 May 11
Cancellations and request for refunds must be made no later than May 18th.
All no-shows will be invoiced for full registration fees.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.
To be invoiced for this event please call the FTI office at 562-473-5373.