Dimensional & Material Specifications ChicagoPrice $549.00
- More Details
Dimensional and Material Specifications (CFS Class) – Chicago, IL
May 4 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
In the Dimensional & Material Specifications seminar you’ll learn about the specifications you use and the ones you need to know more about. On your seminar confirmation we’ll ask if there are certain specifications you’d like to learn about. We’ll cover as many specifications as possible, customizing the seminar for you.
This class is a required course in FTI’s Certified Fastener Specialist™ program.
Click here to see an overview of the course content.
In Dimensional & Material Specifications you’ll:
- Learn about thread specifications and gaging requirements: ANSI/ASME B1.1, B1.2, B1.3, B1.13M; thread call-outs on prints; metric thread specs and others.
- Get a thorough grounding on dimensional specifications for bolts, hex cap screws, nuts, socket products, machine screws and tapping screws: ANSI/ASME B18.2.1, B18.2.2, ANSI/ASME B18.3, B18.6.3, B18.6.4.
- Study material specifications for carbon steel and stainless steel products: ASTM A574, F835, F912, SAE J429, J995, ASTM A307, A325, A193, A194, A563 and others.
- Learn about thread call-outs on prints.
PLEASE NOTE: for this training each participating company is REQUIRED to bring a copy of either the 9th or 10th edition of the IFI Inch Fastener Standards book. 10th edition books can be ordered through FTI, but must be done 2 weeks prior to class. Click here to download form. If your company has a subscription to the online version, laptops are welcome but we do not always have internet, so a hotspot might be needed to access the information.
Your registration fee includes:
- A full day of training in a small-group environment
- Training materials to take back to the job
- Continental breakfast, lunch, refreshments and free parking.
- Certificate of completion and eligibility for FTI’s Certified Fastener Specialist designation.
Certified Fastener Specialist™ graduates: need a refresher? Subject to availability, you’ll receive a 50% discount on the registration fee for this or any single day CFS class. Contact FTI for details.
Requirements: Given the advanced technical nature of this program, it is highly recommended that participants:
- Have at least two years’ experience in
fastener sales, purchasing, manufacturing or
- Have completed FTI’s three-part Product Training Program.
Time: 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
Instructor: Laurence Claus – NNi Training and Consulting
Location: Semblex Corporation – 900 Church Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Parking is free.
Pricing Information: Registration fees are per person.
- Partner Associations: $449 (Pac-West, NFDA, IFI, MWFA, SFA)
- General Rate: $549
- Rates increase by $100 April 6
Cancellations and request for refunds must be made no later than April 13.
All no-shows will be invoiced for full registration fees.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.
To be invoiced for this event please call the FTI office at 562-473-5373.