Fastener Secondary Process Plant ToursPrice $379.00
- More Details
Fastener Secondary Process Plant Tours (CFS Class)- Los Angeles Area
05/11/2020 @ 7:45 am - 4:00 pm
On the Fastener Secondary Processes Plant Tours you’ll visit facilities that provide secondary processes to fasteners. Tours may include plants that heat treat, plate or apply locking devices to fasteners.
This class is a required course in FTI’s Certified Fastener Specialist™ program.
Facilities to be toured:
ND Industries is a leader in the development and application of patches, pellets, threadlockers, threadsealers and a variety of other chemical-based adhesives and sealants for fasteners. The tour will show how a variety of locking elements and sealants are applied. www.ndindustries.com
Pentrate Metal Processing supplies black oxide coating on steel, stainless, brass/copper and zinc. In addition they have phosphate coatings (only steel) and passivation (only stainless) available. Their sister property, California Electroplating, provides copper, nickel and chrome plating on zinc die casting, steel, brass and copper parts. Both shops have automatic process lines and “hand” process lines. Hand polishing for subsequent plating is done in a third location. www.metalprocessing.com
Sonic Plating has been serving the fastener industry in Southern California since 1962. They specialize in zinc plating of threaded products. We will see a variety of zinc plating processes, from cleaning through chromate and baking. We also will see passivation of stainless steel and chemical conversion coatings for aluminum. Sonic has an on-site hazardous waste treatment system. www.sonicplatinginc.com
For this course:
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Please note: some facilities use oil in there processes which can splatter and will permanently stain clothing – dress appropriately.
- Out of professional respect for our volunteer hosts, please understand that representatives of some companies may not be permitted to enter some of the facilities. Also, due to certain federal government regulations, some companies cannot allow non-U.S. citizens to enter their facilities.
Your registration fee includes:
- A full day of plant tours
- Transportation to all locations in an air-conditioned motor coach
- Lunch and refreshments
- Safety glasses and free parking
- Certificate of completion
- Eligibility for the Certified Fastener Specialist™ designation
7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Pick-up Location: A van will pick up students in front of ND Industries. 13952 Maryton Ave, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670. Park anywhere on the street. ND will be the last tour of the day, so van will return here after other two tours.
Registration fees are per person.
Paid by May 8: $379.
$100 discount available to members of endorsing fastener associations.
Paid after May 8: $479.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than May 1 and are subject to a $100 processing fee.
All no-shows will be invoiced for full registration fees.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.
To be invoiced for this event please contact the FTI office at info@FastenerTraining.org or 562-473-5373.