Platings, Coatings and Finishes - Training Video$225.00 $79.95 On Sale!You Save
- More Details
Platings, Coatings and Finishes for Fasteners
90 minute Training Video #080318-V
What you don’t know can hurt you!
You know there are two chromate conversion coatings for zinc plating, and two ASTM Specs for zinc plating but do you know what they are and the difference between them?
There have been some significant recent changes to the specifications we use for plating and coating fasteners. These are not minor changes – it is information you need to know to properly process your plated/coated product and to manage the associated risk.
Owners, Managers, Quality Assurance Personnel, and Purchasing Personnel who manage Outside Processing for fasteners need this webinar.
It is especially important to those companies who assist their customers in selecting fastener finishes, specify finishes for their own products, and shops that provide plating and coating services for fasteners. This is important content even if your company does not engage in post-processing of your fastener product.
- How to recognize coating call-outs in specifications and drawings
- How to tell your supplier what plating spec to use
- How to tell if your plating certifications reflect what the actual requirement is
- What to do when they do not match
- The risks involved with plating and coating fasteners
Fastener Coatings and Platings is intended for all levels of experience. If you are new to fasteners you will come away with a wealth of knowledge and a solid understanding of the coatings used in our industry.
If you are a seasoned professional you will get up-to-date information on important changes that have taken place in the coatings world. You’ll also learn how to manage the risks associated with coating processed fasteners and get some valuable resources to help keep your organization up to speed on this important topic.
2-week rental – $225 (up to 25 views per video)
One-time view – $125
Includes reference materials and quizzes
Instructor: Carmen Vertullo CFS
- Founder of Carver Consulting, a San Diego-based consulting, engineering and training company specializing in fasteners and bolted joints.
- Experience in fastener quality assurance, manufacturing, sales, and inventory management programs.
- Developed and teaches a series of advanced fastener training courses for the Fastener Training Institute®.
- Holds a BS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology from National University, San Diego, CA.