Bolted Joint Design - Training VideoPrice $225.00
- More Details
Bolted Joint Design
90 Minute Training Video #042117-V
All too often bolts and screws are just stuffed into holes with no consideration for what the object of the game is.
When there is a design strategy behind the bolted joint, many of the essential components of that strategy are not obvious to the uninformed observer.
For the supplier, knowing what the designer had in mind – or even if there was a designer – is key to solving bolting problems and providing value added technical services.
This webinar will cover the essential components of the well-thought-out bolted joint in non-engineering terms, and show suppliers how to provide technical help without incurring risk or liability.
We will cover:
• The basic types of bolted joints –why it is important to know what type you are dealing with
• Why material specifications matter and when they do not – safe substitutions
• How to determine the load the joint requires for safe function
• How to determine the load the fastener is capable of providing
• Bolt, nut and washer compatibility
• Coarse threads vs fine threads, inch vs metric
• Why tightening strategies are so important to the function of the joint and how to choose one
• What engineers do to unnecessary increase the cost of the bolted joint
• What suppliers can do to help lower the overall cost of the bolted joint while preserving their profit dollars
• Surviving the environment – corrosion and vibration considerations
• The most common mistakes that users make when designing – or failing to design – bolted joints
• Technical resources for bolted joint design
• Some tricks and tips for you to share with your customers to make their bolted joints work good and last a long time
This is a technical program and is appropriate for all levels of experience in the industry. There will be some math – so have a calculator handy.
2-week rental – $225 (up to 25 views per video)
One-time view – $125
Includes reference materials and quizzes
- • Founder of Carver Consulting, a San Diego-based consulting, engineering and training company specializing in fasteners and bolted joints.
- • Experience in fastener quality assurance, manufacturing, sales, and inventory management programs.
- • Developed and teaches a series of advanced fastener training courses for the Fastener Training Institute®.
- • Holds a BS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology from National University, San Diego, CA.